“God is loving the world into wholeness…and so are we!”
-The Rev. Canon Stephanie Spellers
The Bullet Points
April 21-22, 2017
Virginia Theological Seminary
3737 Seminary Rd.
Alexandria, VA 22304
MV17 registrations is now full. Follow along with the livestream at live.missionalvoices.com.
Missional Voices will be a weekend of thinking, planning, and dreaming about the future of missional communities and innovative ministries in The Episcopal Church and Anglican Communion. This will be a place where dynamic incubation of new ideas is the norm – not the exception – and where people doing uncommon ministry find support and encouragement.
Why Another Conference?
- First, we aren’t a “conference.” We’ve chosen “national gathering” intentionally. To us, “conference” implies experts on stage teaching people in the seats. Our contention is that nobody is an expert in this area. We also work hard to provide an opportunity for all of our participants to learn from each other.
- We believe there is a need to continue to bring clarity to the missional conversation taking place in The Episcopal Church. By bringing together some of today’s best missional thinkers, we aim to help the Church think deeply about God’s mission in the world – and our role in that mission.
- We want to inspire and propel the Church to engage in God’s mission in life-changing ways. That is why a significant feature of Missional Voices will focus on practical engagement in incubator sessions where we can begin to dream about where God is calling us to participate in God’s mission.
What Can You Expect?
- Short, narrative talks from great thinkers in The Episcopal Church
- Keynote presentations by some of the leading voices in the Church
- A better understanding of why The Episcopal Church should be open to new ministry ideas
- Exploration of various communities already in place
- A chance to begin dreaming about where the mission of God is calling you
- An opportunity to engage in inspiring worship
Who Should Attend?
You should join the conversation if you are a practitioner, priest, church planter, community leader, diocesan missioner, professor, artist looking to connect, collaborate, and celebrate the good work being done in thousands of neighborhoods and parishes.
Missional Voices participants share a common vision for seeing the transformation of the church through their participation in their neighborhood. They are empowering others to join in the Holy Spirit’s work, and are providing fresh hope for the church in the 21st century.
Frequently Asked Questions?
Will there be food?
Yes, the registration fee includes lunch/dinner on Friday, and breakfast/lunch on Saturday. Please let us know of any dietary concerns.
Can I take public transportation to/from the gathering?
The nearest Metro (subway) stop is the King Street Metro. It is on the yellow and blue metro lines, which also run by Reagan National Airport. The seminary is on the AT2 (Lincolnia bound) Alexandria DASH bus line, which services the King Street Metro station.
What about parking?
Visitors may park in any parking space designated for visitors or in any undesignated space on the VTS campus. No parking pass is required. Handicap accessible parking spots are available throughout campus including next to Sparrow Hall, Addison Hall and the Scott Lounge/Refectory.
Missional Voices falls on the tail end of the National Cherry Blossom Festival. This is a beautiful time of year to visit the area, but also means that you should make housing and travel accommodations soon!
Are refunds available?
If you are unable to attend, contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we can work out a refund or transfer your registration to someone else.
Full refunds are available up to one month before the gathering (March 21).
A cancellation fee of 50% of registration costs will be applied for cancellations received between 29 to 10 days before the gathering (April 11).
No refund will be issued for cancellations received less than 10 days before the gathering.
Have another question? E-mail us at email@example.com.